Friday 12 April 2013

Distressed Magnolia Tilda With Big Tulips Easel Card










Hi Everyone, this is my second post of the day.

I have used Tilda With Big Tulips and coloured her with Prima pencils in a variety of colours and used the low odour solvent technique. I love the results that can be achieved using this method and whilst it is very time consuming, it gives an almost distessed ink look to the images.

I cant make my mind up if I have distressed this card a bit too much, but I love it anyway.

The papers are of course, distressed (sanded) colour core card, but for change this week from Pion or Magnolia papers, I have used Emerald Isle Papers from Whimsy. I just love the depth of the emerald green colour, which compliments the distressed beige and browns beautifully!

Ive used beautiful cream cluny lace, that adds a really lovely accent across the center of the card and all the florals are from either wild orchid, the ribbon girl, live and love crafts or the hobby house!  The beautiful Cluny lace is also available in white from Live and Love Crafts Too.

The Die cut stamped sentiment is from Magnolia and I have used the slightly larger die cut behind the image, accented with DI. Included is one of my hand made pins and I created a dark green bow from chiffon like distressed fabric. The lovely cook coo clock charm is from live and love crafts too.

Links to all on line shops mentioned are in my side bar and I have just noticed that Sir Stampalot, (another favourite of mine!) has started to sell hobby house goodies too, they are in the whats new section.

Anyway time for a coffee, I hope that you like both my cards that I have posted today.

Thank you for dropping by. Take care and big cuddles to you all. Jay xxx


Challenges Entered

Tildas Town - Flowers everywhere theme

Magnolia Down Under Challenge, Bing Grid

You Me and Magnolia Challenge - Anything Goes Challenge

Sister Act - Anything goes challenge

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous.
    Love the colours.
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful soft colours and fabulous layout - great job!
    Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Look at those flower clusters! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the details and layout. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet creation, thanks for joining in at YMAM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what beautiful attention to detail with all those flowers and embellishments!!! Thanks for playing along w/us at SACC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me your lovely comments, I read each and every one and they really do make my day!
Cuddles Jay xxx